The Friends of John Coltrane (FOJC) will follow all recommended Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to ensure a safe experience for attendees during the upcoming 10th Annual John Coltrane International Jazz & Blues Festival, being held at Oak Hollow Festival Park, September 4 and 5.
Event Organizers have been monitoring developments and consulted with other music festivals on best practices to minimize potential exposure to COVID 19. Based on these factors and the continuing rise of cases, attendees are asked to bring proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of entering the festival. Self-administered test results will not be valid for entry. Attendees without proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test will be asked a series of COVID protocol questions prior to entry. Picture documentation will be permitted only if the documentation contains the attendee’s first and last name. Masks will be required upon entry to the event.
Organizers ask that attendees not attend, If any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the event you have tested positive, or you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Within 48 hours prior to the event, you experience symptoms of COVID-19 such as high fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other symptom related to COVID 19 identified by the CDC.
- Within 14 days prior to the event, you have traveled to any international territory which has quarantine advisories in place due to COVID -19.
The Friends of John Coltrane will be taking the following safety measures during the two-day festival to prevent the spread of COVID:
- Requiring ALL on-site event staff to be fully vaccinated
- Requiring ALL on-site volunteers to be fully vaccinated
- Placing hand sanitizer stations at each entry and throughout high traffic areas
- Frequent cleaning of high touched areas
- Adding and expanding high volume areas to minimize line formation
For additional information, please visit our website coltranejazzfest.com or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.